As the dust of the New Year begins to settle, some of our resolutions and our resolve to keep them might not be as strong as they were on January 1st. You might even be one of those people who dislikes the idea of resolutions and didn't make a big deal about it in the first place.
Regardless of your relationship with resolutions, we can all agree that it's good to be improving on oneself and one's life. It's overwhelming, however, to try to do an overhaul of your life all at once. Additionally, the first steps you need to take in order to achieve said goal(s) can be murky or unclear. This list includes resources that give guidance on where to start on whatever "journey" you feel like you need to be on right now. We hope this is the type of list that you can come back to in the middle of the year when you feel like you're in a bit of a funk.
- The Golden Rx
- Nayamka Roberts-Smith is a licensed esthetician who provides different online skin consultations and has an online nutrition counselling that's coming soon
- Black Girls RUN!
- Toni Carey and Ashley Hicks-Rocha's platform provides a community and support system for those wanting to focus on their fitness and health
- Get Fit With Massi
- Masiel Encarnación, a personal trainer and Zumba© Instructor, offers online one on one personal training as well as a clean eating guide
Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing:
- Therapy for Black Girls:
- The Wisdom of Sundays: Life-Changing Insights from Super Soul Conversations by Oprah Winfrey
- This is a book that stems from Oprah's conversations with thought-leaders and holds insightful lessons within
- Black Girl In Om
- Black Girl in Om is a space where women of color can "breathe easy" with blog posts and podcast episodes about the mind, body, soul, and community
- She's Beauty and the Beast
- Tracy's platform offers life resources like audio workshops, audio affirmations, and audio vision boards
Finances and Career:
- My Fab Finance
- Created by Tonya Rapley, My Fab Finance, is a source of sound financial advice (and more) via a a blog and various finance courses
- Side Hustle Pro
- A podcast hosted by Nicaila that features conversations with different Black entrepreneurs; she also offers business and podcast coaching
- The Clever Girl Finance